REVIEW – As an 80’s child I can’t help but be a little jealous of the toys on the market now. Especially any toys that require batteries since battery technology has improved so much since then. So when the Bezgar HP161S Brushless 1:16 Scale Radio Control Car came up for review the little kid in me said I had to try it out. Let’s see how much RC car technology has improved since 1989. Spoiler, a lot.
What is it?
The Bezgar HP161S Wild Beast is a 1:16 scale radio control (RC) car using an 11.1V 3S type lithium polymer (Li-Po) battery and brushless motor that sends power to all four wheels to propel it up to 38 mph and it does so quickly.
What’s in the box?
- Bezgar HP161S RC Car
- Remote controller with AA batteries included
- USB charging cable
- Wheelie bar
- User manual and warranty card
- Wheel wrench, screwdriver
- Model: HP161S
- Drivetrain: 4 wheel drive with full metal drivetrain
- Shocks: Four oil filled metal shock absorbers
- Motor: 2845 four pole brushless motor with cooling fan
- Servo: 2.1kg digital servo
- Battery: 11.1V 3S/25C 1050mAh Li-Po battery
- Charging time: 2 hours if using a 5V 2A charger
- Battery duration: 20 mins
- Ground Clearance: 1.5 inches
- Electronic Speed Control: 45A independent brushless ESC
- Remote Control: 2.4GHz
- Max speed: 62kph / 38mph
- Weight: 2.35 lbs
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 8.7 x 5.1 inches
Design and features
The Bezgar Model HP161S Wild Beast 1:16 Scale RC car looks like a typical RC car with a shell over chassis design. It has four rubber wheels that all spin to get the car to 38 mph. The oil-filled